HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bear Anarchy tuning problem
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Copperhed
Spike

Originally Posted by Dontdrinkthekoolaid
1 Your a bit over spined. Adding weight to the tip will help but even at a 125g tip, your still over spined. This is a major contributer to the issue.

2 Start over. Set your rest so the arrow lines with the berger holes and then set your nock point level or at most 1/8" high.

3 Forget about paper tuning. Paper tuning only allows you to get your set up close and that's all it's made for. Setting with berger holes and a square does the same thing. Also, if your arrows are over spined, paper tuning will never work as this will effect arrow flight right out of the bow

4 Walk back tune from 10 yards to however far your want to shoot making adjustments as you go.

If those steps don't provide better results then it's something that hasn't been mentioned yet. It's likely though that the spine is the problem. I would guess that if that is fixed, everything else will come in line. Let us know how you make out and good luck.
Thank you, I have been wondering that but my Mathews LX shoots the same arrows and it shoot bullet holes. Thats what makes me think it is something else.

Should I try some 340s at 28" or try the 300s at like 29" or 30". I guess I will probably try both just to see which is better and if it fixes the problem. probably try it tomorrow evening. I will let you guys know.