HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The dreaded walk thru
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2012, 07:48 AM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Well I watched "Dominant Bucks" with Stan Potts last night (Sunday) and he talked about just this same thing. Deer on public land are used to having hunters walk by. So they watch and then go about their business after they leave. "Creepers" as Stan called them are just part of hunting public land. Concentrate on what you are doing and don't let it bother you. I have to agree with him on this. Case in point - Just this past season - Nov 8 to be exact - I was hunting on the ground when a man with his 2 sons came walking up past me. One of the boys was carrying a saw and the 3 of them were just walking and talking. I got their attention and told them I was archery hunting. The man apologized and left the area. Even though I could hear them about 200 yds away doing whatever they were doing I stayed quiet and still on the ground (I was checking out a new spot with a lot of scrapes and rubs). About 15 mins after they left me, a nice 8 point came down the trail and I politely put a 100 gr Magnus Stinger into his boiler room. I believe that buck heard those people and heard them leave and thought all was safe.