HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Rifle--New Scope
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 01:56 PM
ronlaughlin
Nontypical Buck

Default New Rifle--New Scope

Yesterday, and today this New VX-2 seemed to work pretty good. It is my understanding that this scope is new for 2012. This one is a 2 to 7 power.

What caught my attention was the fact that it comes prepped to use a cds dial. It cost me $60 to get the scopes around here reworked. Other thing that appealed to me was the weight, length, objective size, and lens coating.

Yesterday the 45 Omega was sighted in rather quickly, and at 100 yard the moa dial was set near zero.

Today i wanted to start shooting at 200 yard, and the ballistic program say bullet must hit 4" high at 100 yard to be on at 200 yard.

Then after shooting the 200 yard target with the 45, a move was made to 300 yard, and the dial set for 8 3/4" high at 100 yard. This dial setting resulted in the bullet holes on the 300 yard target.

After seeing them bullet hitting some high, i figured the bullet left the barrel faster than the assumed 2200 fps.

The holes left were made at 200 yard; holes right were made at 300 yard.

Included in the box with the scope was this card.

Once i settle on a load, it appear Leupold will make me a free cds dial to my order. Bullet will be 200g SST; sabot will be Harvester; primer will be W209; powder will be BH209, but the exact weight remains undecided. Perhaps 115g???