HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Surprised and shocked out shed hunting!!!!!
Old 02-11-2012, 09:03 PM
ManofTheFall
Nontypical Buck

Default Surprised and shocked out shed hunting!!!!!

I went out shed hunting this past Thursday for the first time this year. I didn't find any sheds but what I did find I was really shocked at. I have been out in years past and just haven't seen these numbers. I saw at least 10 dead deer in a pretty small area. This is on private property that sees light to moderate pressure at best. Seven of these were last years fawns with only one of them being a button buck. The yotes had eaten on all of these. There were 3 adult carcasses. One was a 1 1/2 year old buck still in tact which I was hoping would make it a few more years. He had split brows and was a 5x4. I will include some pics of him. I did not see any wounds on him, but I am wondering if maybe he was gut shot. His stomach area was opened and messed up but the yotes hadn't got to him yet. I am guessing he was probably dead about 1 month. Then there was an adult doe carcass. The one disturbing thing that really got to me was a large bodied buck without a head. This was an obvious sign of a poacher I would say. It also got me to thinking. Do you guys think those other deer could have been the work of a poacher as well with all of these carcasses being in such a small area? It might have been about a square 1/4 mile area.
Attached Images    

Last edited by ManofTheFall; 02-11-2012 at 09:06 PM.