HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Electra Range Report
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 12:27 AM
pluckit
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
I was under the impression that BlackHorn was not a recommended powder. Just curious to know what made you try it?
It was the powder that I had the most of and other reports were of people using it with a booster so I wanted to try it.

Do you now feel the scope failed and was causing the problem? Are you going to use a new scope?
Yes, I do.

How was the trigger? As good as they claim it is?
The trigger has a lot of travel in it but is very light. With that much travel in it, it's guesswork figuring when the rifle will fire.

I was under the impression that the Electra was easy to clean. How was the clean up? I worked my tail off getting the cement like residue, from what I believe to be from the combination of the two powders, off of the breech plug and from the inside of the breech plug threads. I don't think I will be trying black horn with a Pyrodex booster again.

Are you going to try some other projectiles other then the light ones?
I will try some other bullets but I hope to get the .45 caliber, 240 grain XTP to shoot good. That is my go to bullet. I was just using the light ones to get the rifle shooting close to the bulls eye.

Last edited by pluckit; 02-09-2012 at 12:36 AM.