HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 870 upgrade for turkey gun?
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 06:26 AM
kamoking
Spike

Smile

Originally Posted by mw_Guerilla
I currently shoot a Remington 870 20 gauge w/ a Primos JellyHead Choke. I just shot it with the new choke today and the patterns were great! I used Remington Nitro Turkey shells 3" #5shot. These are the only rounds I have shot since the JellyHead because Bass Pro in my college town blows.

Went coyote hunting this morning at my buddies farm and saw two birds, a decent gobbler and a jake or hen (couldn't tell). But man were they talking. I can't wait for this spring.

and you said you painted your gun? what kind of paint did you use? I have been looking into duracoat but I would rather save money if possible. I am very familiar with refinishing, reblueing, and good spray painter.
Thanks for the info and I use Krylon flat paints, make my own stencils, and after camo pattern is dry use Krylon matte clear for finish coat, simple, cheap, and lasts for multiple seasons just be careful not to get solvents on painted parts or bug spray doesnt do the finished product a bit of good, have painted stocks only for some weapons am ready to try some dipping next and field test em to see how durable they are. Good luck with camo and your hunts!