HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sunday Hunting Web Site......
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 10:37 AM
tmwtrfwler
Spike

All - I've been offline for a while but please read this and contact the House Sub Committee today! they gather tomorrow!

I wanted to provide you with a brief update on the Sunday hunting legislation working its way through the General Assembly.

The Senate passed SB 464 which permits hunting on Sunday on private lands, no deer dogs, and must be 250 yards away from a church. The bill passed 29-11.

The House is taking up House Sunday hunting bills THIS WEDNESDAY at 5:30 PM in the Natural Resources Subcommittee of the Agriculture Committee. This will be a key vote for us. Please look over the counties below, if you have ANY contacts – family, friends, business associates, in these localities, cash in a chit – ask a favor, and have them call and email their Delegate in support of Sunday hunting. They can also visit www.virginiasundayhunting.org to compose their letter. Of, if you would prefer to send me their contact information, I am happy to contact them.

The Subcommittee is:

Delegate Lee Ware [email protected] (804) 698-1065
Counties of Chesterfield, Fluvanna, Goochland, and Powhatan

Delegate Tommy Wright: [email protected] (804) 698-1061
Counties of Amelia, Cumberland, Lunenburg, Mecklenburg, and Nottoway

Delegate James Edmunds: [email protected] (804) 698-1060
Counties of Campbell, Charlotte, Halifax, and Prince Edward

Delegate Tony Wilt: [email protected] (804) 698-1026
County of Rockingham; City of Harrisonburg

Delegate Matt Fariss: [email protected] (804) 698-1059
Counties of Albemarle, Appomattox, Buckingham, Campbell, and Nelson

Delegate Ken Plum: [email protected] (804) 698-1036
County of Fairfax

Delegate Lynwood Lewis: [email protected] (804) 698-1000
Counties of Accomack and Northampton; Cities of Norfolk and Virginia Beach

Thank you for your continued support of this issue, and any help that you are able to give. Please contact Andrew Vehorn (contact info below) if you would like to come to Richmond for the hearing, or have any other questions.
Andrew M. Vehorn
Capital Results
50 Pear Street
Richmond, VA 23223
804-771-5307
[email protected]