HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Marinated teriyaki venison thrown on the grill
Old 01-31-2012, 04:20 AM
prairienights
Spike

Default Marinated teriyaki venison thrown on the grill

Hey everyone

I have always loved venison, but this was my very first year getting my own deer. I've never had a freezer full of venison, and I'm having so much fun trying new recipes. I honestly don't like beef much, so I have found that I'm able to replace beef with venison in nearly any recipe and enjoy it much more. I might need to get more than one deer next year!

I threw this together the other day, and it was delicious. I cooked it for a few friends, and everyone asked for the recipe, even the girls who insisted they hated venison, lol. It was great on the grill, good color and the crust was caramelized and practically gooey with teriyaki goodness.

There isn't really an exact measurement, I just tossed stuff in and let it marinate over night. You can adjust ingredients according to taste.

- Teriyaki sauce (I always use Kikkoman)
- Splash of sesame oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Bit of red wine
- Garlic
- Pinch of brown sugar

As you can see, I like my red meat rare. But this got a great char from the grill and stayed tender and rare on the inside. And I like sweet potatoes far more than russets. More vitamins and fiber!
Attached Images