HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Heated Clothing
Thread: Heated Clothing
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 09:04 AM
js7924
Spike

Default RE- Heated Clothing

Originally Posted by redmag
Thanks John, I hope it is cold enough to get a good test of the gear. That brand is the brand that I had seen and liked the most. I stand hunt here in WV and VA and cannot tolerate the cold even when dressed in layers and all the correct layers. I have tried one of the body heater suits and they help but I still get cold.

Jim
My best tryout of the Milwaukee M12 Heated Jacket to date.
This morning 1/29/2012 north central Ohio, 19 degrees - 25-35 mph wind, started 6 am till round 9:20am, in 17' high tree stand.
I started with a tee shirt, M12 jacket, fullface tobagon, #3 base pants and jeans. Low heat thru med. was not enough so put on a med wt. Carhart hooded sweatshirt over jacket. Bumped temp to High and less than 5 min. my back and shoulder warmed up. I turned jacket down to med. at sat till around 9:20. Had to stop cause granma call and said grandaughter woke up and wanted paps.
I want to try the jacket in some lower temps only without the higher winds. Like try different clothing over and under jacket to see how low a temp setting I could use a still be comfortable. So today I got almost 3 1/2hrs out of the battery, don't know how life was left in it. So far I can't say anything negative about the jacket.