HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Model 70 conversion
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 05:29 PM
westtexducks
Fork Horn

Thank you Ridge Runner that is exactly what I was looking for. So I would be looking at around 3000 or so to get the conversion done. This sounds very doable in the future. And I see your reasoning behind getting a .308 to burn out before getting the conversion done, it is a very sound point and will be considered. But I think I may all ready have the solution to that problem in a Colt H-Bar .223. What do you think for learning the ropes with that until I can get the conversion done?

Also I have shot at 400 500 and 600 off of a bench and hit every thing I shot at except for the first one (but that was figuring out the kentucky windage on the rifle since it was a club gun and I was not allowed to adjust the sights). I am a pretty good shot and have shot the NRA Highpower AR match a few times and did pretty good for shooting a S&W carbine with a 16 inch barrel and 55 gr bullets. So I do have some experience but I will definitely heed your advice and start shooting the heck out of that AR when I have the time.