HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Public Land vs Private Lands
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 11:09 AM
turkey harvester
Typical Buck

I have hunted public land most of my life with much sucess. Only recently( last 4-5) years have I hunted private land. I guess the problems you all have had i really haven't had. When i hunt public I scout where there is no traffic or other hunters. I have killed lots of birds on public because I think it makes you a better hunter and woodsman. I like the challenge. Its just as hard to kill abird on private as well. Private land birds don't have the pressure as most birds. Where i live our gobblers get hammered from the first gobble of the year to about the middle of June. Its said if you can kill a bird in my county you can kill one anywhere. Don't know how much truth is in that statement, but I know southern Mo birds get hammered. I have never hunted in north mo soi really can't comment on that. Myself i'll never give up the public land hunts, sometimes thats all we have to hunt so its either worry about other hunters or stay at home. It really don't matter where i hunt as long as i'm huntin.