HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I'm stuck... What to do???
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 09:14 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Bow Hunting is a great sport. I just wish my shoulders were better and that I could pull my fancy compound bow easier. I wrecked my left shoulder and so when I draw the bow, the pain is intense!!! But it was one sport I really enjoyed. The weather was warm, and I could sit in a tree and just enjoy the woods. Also a good bow with practice is lethal to 50 yards.. even more. I always limited my shooting to 30 yards although I practiced out to 40. It made 30 that much more easy. And the accuracy of a good bow with a sighting system ( I used a peep in the string, kisser button, and a very expensive sight of which brand I forget.). Set the sight and hit the release and those arrows just zoom..

Good arrows are also a must. I used Carbon Beemans but some like the aluminum arrows. When you get into bow hunting, I am sure you will love it as you're a real sportsman I feel. Also once you own the bow and arrows, its pretty cheap to shoot and practice. But get a good backstop. One that not only stops the arrows but releases them nice too.

Some of the prices on these new bows are just mind blowing. I purchased mine many years ago and paid what I felt way too much for it. But these Mathew bows are in the $700.00 range for some of them. I might not be able to pull them but I can look. I have considered a compound bow, but no.. not yet.