HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - URGENT Senate Sunday Hunting Hearing This Thursday!
Old 01-17-2012, 03:59 PM
tmwtrfwler
Spike

Default URGENT Senate Sunday Hunting Hearing This Thursday!

Thank you for your support to legalize Sunday hunting in Virginia. Your efforts to date have had a tremendously positive impact on our efforts. We are closer to repealing the ban than we have ever been before, but we still need your help to get across the finish line. If you have not yet done so, please get your friends and family to email their legislators by visiting www.virginiasundayhunting.org .

The Sunday hunting bills are scheduled to be heard THIS THURSDAY – January 19th at 2:00 PM in the Senate Agriculture, Conservation and Natural Resources Committee. Please make every effort to attend and show your support for repealing the ban. This will be the first vote on the Sunday hunting legislation, and we need a strong showing of support.

If you cannot attend, please call your legislators in advance and let them know you support legalizing Sunday Hunting in Virginia – you can find their contact information here: http://conview.state.va.us/whosmy.nsf/main?openform

There is limited seating – please make every attempt to arrive by 12:00 PM. You will be able to watch the General Assembly in session and there is a cafeteria on the 6th floor for lunch. Should you have any questions about the hearing, or contacting your legislator, please call or email me at 804-771-5307 or [email protected].

WHAT: Virginia Sunday Hunting Bills to be heard in Senate Agriculture, Conservation and Natural Resources Committee. There are currently four Sunday hunting bills introduced in the Senate.

SB 151 – Senator Phil Puckett
SB 173 – Senator Chap Petersen
SB 464 – Senator Ralph Northam
SB 512 – Senator Frank Wagner

WHEN: Thursday January 19, 2:00 PM – but plan on arriving by NOON to ensure you have a seat

WHERE: SENATE ROOM A – General Assembly Building (Corner of 9th and Broad Street Richmond, VA)

DIRECTIONS:
The General Assembly Building (GAB) is on the corner of 9th and Broad Street in downtown Richmond.
Directions from the North
• Take I-95 South
• Take 3rd Street exit and cross Broad Street
• Turn left onto Franklin Street and follow until it dead-ends
• Turn left onto 9th Street
Directions from the South
• Take I-95 North
• Take I-195, Downtown Expressway
• Take Canal Street/9th Street exit
• Turn right onto 9th Street
Directions from the East
• Take I-64 West
• Take 5th Street exit and cross Broad Street
• Turn left onto Franklin Street and follow until it dead-ends
Directions from the West
• Take I-64 East
• Take I-195, Downtown Expressway, through toll booth
• Take 7th/9th Street exit and go straight

Senate Room A is on the first floor of the General Assembly Building. When you enter through security, go left. Senate Room A will be in front of you on the side of the building facing Broad Street. We will have people with stickers to greet you.

PARKING: There are four free general public spaces (1 hour) on the north side of Bank Street, between 9th and 10th Streets. A limited number of metered public parking spaces (2 hours) are located on the west side of 10th Street, between Main and Bank Streets, on Bank Street, between Governor and 14th Streets, on the south side of Main Street, between 9th and 12th Streets and on 12th Street between Main and Bank Streets and on Franklin Street. Pay parking lots and decks are nearby on 8th and Grace Street and 7th and Marshall Streets. Downloadable maps of nearby parking lots and decks are available, as well as rates for these areas.

Thank you again for all of your work, I look forward to seeing you on Thursday.