HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Warm rubber boot for deer stand hunting?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 09:26 PM
triglet
Spike

I have a set of Irish setter boots that I bought this year. I believe they are the 800 gram insulate. I really like these boots. They got a good test on waterproofness this weekend. Had to be careful several times where I stepped as to not have water coming over the top of the boots. No leaks!! I too suffer from cold feet when sitting in the stand. A good set of liner socks and a good set of wool socks and my feet are toasty in these boots. The guy that said you have to walk slow and take socks with you is speaking the truth. On a long walk in I wear a thin sock. once i get to my stand and get set up I change socks to some dry socks. This is not an easy task while in the stand but it does help alot. My feet will stay warm with this method. Cold feet is about the only thing that will make me get down early! I would suggest you try this before you spend the money on new boots unless your others are just worn out.