HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting ATV
Thread: Hunting ATV
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Jenks
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunting ATV

When the heal spur started to complain and I passed up deer because they were a mile from the road I decided that I needed an ATV. I did not want to fork out for a new one, wanted a good used one, maybe a Honda Rancher, or something about that size. One day I was by an Artic Cat dealer and looked at their used ATV's. They had a Kawasaki 650 Brute Force that was three years old, ran good and half price of a new one. I told the guy I would buy it, he asked if I was experenced on an ATV, I told him I had never been on one. He was a little concerned but he sold it to me. I go in every now and then to show him that I had not broke any bones on it.

This opened up deer hunting for me and it is fun to ride. I can go most anywhere I want on it and get a deer out without any problem. I hunt with my two sons, I usually just ride around and scare up deer for them. I usually put around 20 miles on it opening weekend. This year I kicked a deer up with it that my grandson shot. His first deer, it was an eleven pointer.

I would be interested to hear from others with these fun vehicles.