HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What Happened???
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 09:17 AM
petasux
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by fishinty
I had the same thing happen to me last week, I shoot gold tip expedition hunters and I have shot deer with these arrows and they have not broken.But the other day I was shooting at about dark I had 6 arrows all with the nockturnal lighted nocks on them I shot 5 of them and I had a good group, so I shot the last one and it went over the target and spun unnaturally.I recovered the arrow and found out that it must have been weak and it broke into 3 peices and I found them the same way u did.
Im pretty open minded and you just reminded me of a dozen gold tips I had 4 or 5 years ago.Mine didnt break in flight but after the weather got below freezing I had {i think} 4 of them break 2/3 of the way down the shaft towards the nock end simply trying to get them back in the quiver.Odder yet was the fact where they broke it was a clean break, like someone had run them through a saw almost.Only thing I could figure was the shafts were defective to begin with and got somewhat brittle when they were exposed to below 0 temps enabling them to snap. So I could see a defective arrow breaking upon hitting the ground like that.