HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How much would it cost to make an elevated box blind?
Old 01-01-2012, 04:48 PM
jwatts
Spike

I am actually doing mine right now. Now i did go a little extreme,i plan on having one of my children or both up there with me. It cost me about $300 I pretty much bought everything. 4'x6' pressure treated 2x4 for floor then cut 2x4's in half to make walls with outside being plywood. I did cut drop down windows and on the inside i made tracks out of alum. c-channel ($8 for 8' at home depot) and cut plexiglass for slide down windows, steel roof with 1" foam board glued to the inside for insulation and noise deadining. Exterior paint. I also put a urinal in with 2"pvc connected to old garden hose buried into the ground for scent. Now this may sound funny but with 2 young kids one being a toddler, i have put a 5 gal pail for my coffee table/seat for them,also a camping toilet seat that sets right on the bucket with the "doodie bags". Therefore i hope we shouldnt have to get down when nature calls.Lol