HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help in NH
Thread: Help in NH
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Mite
Typical Buck

There's no need to start flaming. There are bad hunters everywhere, including those I've had been unfortunate to meet. I won't usually let someone else dictate which direction and where I hunt. I've had two people set up on both sides of me and then try to 'squeeze' me out of the area. When they found out I was going on hunting, no matter if both were going walk besides me, they pulled away.

I'll avoid an area if someone is there first or are already set up even if it means going home empty and usually expect the same courtesy but also won't go out of my way for discourteous people.

To the OP, I suggest you get access to a gun dog or a friend who has. If everyone in front of you have hunted the area with dogs then you have a slim chance of finding one without a dog much less flushing one. Then finding cripples would also be easier. If you don't know anyone with a dog then find a friend who is willing to hunt with you. Then you can strategize a game plan where one pushes birds to the other.