HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tracking advice on shot
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 02:58 PM
huntingkidPA
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
sorry in advance for being a dik
it isnt close to "behind the shoulder". you are outta yer league takin this shot.
well..lesson learned. maybe you should cut back to 20 yards for a few years.
never take a shot on a deer that is alert.
get a good fixed 3 blade broad head. never take em off, use them to practice with as well as hunt with them.(magnus snuffers 6 to a pack, $35, 3 fer practice, 3 to hunt with..i have had the same pack for 5 years, easy to sharpen and last forever. i probably have 10 hogs per broad head plus deer, all through and through shots,nothing has ever made it 100 yards!!(dbl lungers mostly)
you should practice from yer stand,at least 100 shots in the bull.
its better to let them walk than having to come on here and tell everyone what a $#@!!@#$%^&* you are, wounding another deer. what is that like fifty this year on this forum? gives hunters a bad rep!!
maybe if you would read, the arrow deflected. I don't blame this guy. for not seeing a little branch that would deflect it. Unless you have eagle eyes to pick out a a brown branch against a brown deer's body you shouldn't be going so hard on him. believe me i've seen all the "made bad shot, help tracking" posts but this guy had an actual reason why he wounded it. and it WASN'T his fault. Most of them are are guys who just don't practice and go out once and wound the buck of a lifetime. i guarantee you've wounded some animal you have hunted, and if you haven't, you haven't hunted long enough. I've seen many of your posts, but i don't think i have seen one post that was positive from you.