HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My first moose
Thread: My first moose
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 10:16 AM
superdutypro
Spike

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Congrats on the Moose. I enjoyed the video, but I would like to see more of the hunt next time.

How often do you get to hunt Moose there? In Colorado we only get one Moose for our lifetime. Tha'st only if we have a ton of points, and get very lucky in the draw.

Thanks guys in my province we have a regular open season for province residents for moose,elk,white tail,bear however these open seasons are restricted to certain zones only,but it does give the chance to hunt what ever you want every year. And we also have a draw season in the more desirable zones in the south part of the province our draws are on a priority pool we have a 4 pools C,B,A,Super A. I got drawn in Super A last year for moose so now i go back to C pool. It takes four Years to build back to Super A and then once your back in Super A its almost a lottery to get drawn you could wait ten years in Super A or get drawn your first year in Super A depends on amount of draw applications that are put in for the zone you apply for its totally random draw it doesn't matter how long you have been waiting in the Super A pool. If their is enough tags and the Super A applicants get tags then it will move down to A pool and draw applicants to fill tags to fill the quota. I got this moose tag my first year in Super A in a 250 tag zone this zone has a regular moose season as well but the draw season is right in the heat of the rut which makes an awesome hunt as the moose are very very vocal and can be called in. We happen to own a cabin in this zone so worked out perfect. Hope this makes sense to you guys once you know the system its pretty simple. ;-)