HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - OOPS! I now have 5 ACCs...
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2003, 03:32 PM
Bill L

Default RE: OOPS! I now have 5 ACCs...

Too funny Rangeball. I had a similar experience when I first went to a D loop. My trusty, 11 year old, slightly worn Scott caliper release was just fine shooting off the string. However, without the extra diameter of the serving, the rope loop was a tad narrow. The first misfire stuck neatly into the apple in the Hoyt banner above the targets at the indoor range. Luckily, it was into wood, and I was able to retrieve all but the field tip. ICS still in good shape. I had no clue at the time what was happening. I could have sworn I drew with my index finger behind the trigger as I always do. I shot 5 or six more normal shots, then the next one found a home about 3 inches left of the first misfire. Guess my draw path was fairly consistant. After the second incident, I went into the shop to investigate and found the jaws of the old Scott to be worn just enough to leave a small gap. If the D loop lined up just right, and the planets were in proper position, the D loop would slip through the still closed jaws of the release. 2 autographed one dollar bills on the wall, and 58 dollars later, the problem was resolved with a new Scott Mongoose. Nothing worse than being that surprised by the release of an arrow.