HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Virginia deer are small.
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 04:23 AM
rongcp
Spike

Originally Posted by rongcp
I've bow hunted in South Hampton Va. now for over 20yrs. I am the only one who hunts 150acre lot owned by a doctor I do work for. He leases 20 acres out to a soybean farmer and the rest is wooded. But all bordering property is leased out to hunt clubs who run dogs. Nothing against dog hunters per se. What I have a problem with is when they intentionaly let them loose on property they dont lease to move the deer off that property onto theirs. Just yesterday I pulled up to my spot and across the street were 6 dog hunters posted about 50yards off the street in the field. 20 minutes after I got in my stand here comes three dogs all around my stand and one of the trucks across the street was pointed towards me moving his tracking antenna around trying to locacte his dogs on the property I hunt. Its like dog hunters are selfish. They don't care about anyone elses hunt. I just wish Hunters had more RESPECT for each other. I have seen quite a few 200lbs. deer out there though. Shot one last seen with vertical bow in Dec. that dressed out at 185lbs.
Another pic of my Dec. buck.
Attached Images