HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Coyote class
Thread: Coyote class
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 04:20 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Default Coyote class

Ok, The last couple winters ive become very interested in coyotes. Till this point its been calling, after 2 winters and many sits i've seen absolutley nothing!! Not that it has discouraged me cause i've had a great time doing it and when i started i already knew that it was not going to be easy especially in Mich.IMO any one that can go out, call in and get a yote is one bad ass hunter!!! A lot of respect for those that can do that!! I recently met a gentlemen that "claims" to be an awsome yote hunter, but without really braggin about it and after a while of talkin learned that he not only calls but is very successful with snare trapping. Something i've never really thought about but immediately sounded like something i wanted to get into. I've never trapped but always thought it would be cool to get into.
Any ways, he tells me he teaches a 2 day class on snaring and calling, after 2 days he claims i'll know all i need to to be successful. Which to me if the guy is legit, the 175 bucks he is chargin would be well worth it, since once again i'm laid off for yet another winter with nothing better to do, this would be a great past time to get me thru the winter.
175 bucks normally wouldn't be that big of a deal, but i am laid off and with the holidays coming is gonna be a little tight to squeak out so... Guess my question is, With all the info available on the net (which i have been lookin at) plus the money is this worth doin?? To me, if this guy is what he sounds like he is(which is a gamble in itself) and after a couple days with him i start pile'n up yotes, i wouldnt have a prob with the money but ya just never know about people now a days....i dont know am i thinkin like an idiot by considerin this? or could it be worth it? I'll appreciate anything you guys got to say about it!! Thanks!