HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Game Wardens above the law?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 11:01 AM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

Well, I was attending some work related dealings this past week and came across a buddy of mine and I was asking him if he knew of any CPO's new to the area and told him why. He said yeah and that he was over at the County Sheriffs office now.
I finished up with what I was doing and headed over there. I ran into him and introduced myself and asked if he was down there at that time. He said yes. I told him where I was at when he came in and how I saw him. He just laughed and said that I must have my blind really blended in well for him to not see it. I told him I did.

I asked him why he did not have any blaze orange on and he stated that it was recommended by dept. but not required, more of was his choice. He did state that it is more than likely not a real good choice, but still his choice. I told him what I thought and what I had thought of and he laughed and said that if he had spooked off a big buck doing so, I guessed he would have it coming. I told him that he had a good walk to get in from that side and he agreed.

I then gave him my card with my cell and wrote my home on it as well as my vehicle descriptions and tags on it. I then gave him a map from the road he came in on to my blinds, both lock-on and pop up and where I park at. I told him that I go in before light and come out after dark unless I get one. He said that he had just transferred in and saw my truck out there and was just looking around. I told him next time he wants to see me, just call me and we can go from there. Better to work together that against each other. He agreed, gave me his card with cell on it, shook hands and off we went. All good.