HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Game Wardens above the law?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 10:07 PM
jrfrmn
Typical Buck

What county? I also hunt Illinois.

Originally Posted by SecondChance
I have pondered this for a few days and am still in wonderment of situation. Almost 2 weeks ago this coming sat. was our first part of the Illinois Firearm Deer Season.
I had parked out on the field road 1/2 mile from the main road as I have done for the past 3 years both bow and gun hunting this property. Landowners house and farm just behind me. I have a pair of domestic dogs come through my pop up blind site about 1000 am. Bout 1020 I see someone creeping along the timbers edge North of me, towards the other main county road there, wearing dark pants and a tan colored jacket/shirt. I am thinking its the dogs owner for they both had collars on. I thought what a DA for not haveing blaze orange on and in the timber on top of that. Illinois state law states that you MUST have at least 400 sg. inches on to be in the field during the firearm season, no matter what!!
I swing my video camera over there and zoom in to find out its a Game Warden creeping along the timbers edge/inside bout 80 yds from my stand. Thankfully downwind and on field edge opposite side. He has no blaze orange on, not even a hat. He is looking real intent. More than likely for me, maybe seeing my truck in the field road from his side of the block. He can't come no farther for that area is bout 3-4 inches deep mud/water and he only had leather boots on. He finally leaves. Figured he would swing round the bridge and come in behind me. Never did.
What kind of LEO who enforces the law as such, who does write citations for this type of thing, go and do what he tells people not to do, and does it himself?
With being a LEO myself for almost 20yrs come Jan. makes me think he thinks he feels he is above the law? I don't know who this cat is for I have on speed dial 3 of the local ones around here and thought bout calling one just to check to see who it is, but at same time don't want to start a fire if I don't need to.
REALLY thought hard bout burning a round into the dirt at base of blind towards his direction when he was in the mud/water just to see him drop and low crawl then thought "No". I know what kind of long arms we have and a few phone calls go a long way to ruin someones day. Not to mention if this cat is new to the area and wanting to make a name for himself. He could become my bad tattoo on my azz I can't get rid of!!!!!! Sorry so long, just curious what others have to say.