HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bitterness
Thread: Bitterness
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 06:04 AM
petasux
Nontypical Buck

Another thing I find myself doin nowadays is becoming almost bitter towards irresponsible gun hunters who shoot anything that walks. My question is to you guys is do you ever have these feeling towards these type of hunters?!
I primarilly bowhunt with the exception of the late season muzzleloader season.Not sure I understand your comment, it sounds like your bitter because they shoot deer you feel the need to let walk.Do they pay the same price for thier license you do?Are they shooting deer that arent legal to kill for some reason?Because if its not one of those things then I really dont know what business it is of anyone elses what they shoot.

I like to hold out for a good buck myself and at the end of season will take a doe instead of a young buck, thats my choice.i know everytime I let a small buck walk by that odds are someone else will kill him by the end of the month.Im not entirely convinced this obsession with big antlers thats been gaining ground every year has been an entirely positive thing for deer hunting in general.

Its sad when you see a kid posting pics of his first deer on the internet only to watch him get flamed cuz he didnt hold out for the Big one and he shoulda let it walk.Its sad when everybody with a couple acres of ground gets pissed off at thier nieghbor for not killing deer that meets thier standards or shooting the deer theyve "grown".Its pathetic when people take kids out that havent ever shot a deer and wont let em shoot a legal deer for the first time cuz its not one they would shoot.Every year it gets more and more commercialized and most of the people practicing QDM arent after a healthy balance in thier deer herd, theyre trying to farm antlers.And we keep buying into it to the point everyone resents everyone else for not hunting exactly the way we do and not making the same choices we would.Its not even about hunting anymore, theyve turned deer into a big business and while a few people are getting rich off it the majority are just becoming more bitter as you said you were about what everyone else is doing.