HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Game Wardens above the law?
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 08:35 AM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

Uncle Matt, I do understand your point and I agree with you looking back and as you did, I will address these as so.

The issue I was addressing about being in the field w/o blaze orange on was based upon my personal dealings with someone who was issued a citation for being afield during a firearm hunting season, not actively hunting or firearm in possession. They showed me the citation.

I was on private property, not public, or adjoining public property. I also know that it has always been in the past that you must in display of some type of blaze orange while afield, usually a hat at minimum.

And yes, I am LEO and yes, even though I may not know each and every single USFWS code and regulation, I am drawing from what I have had dealings with in the past. I just know that I keep myself within these boundries myself to the best of my now pointed out limited knowledge outside my job spectrum, which are street related.

As far as discussing this with others on the web,this was more of a "has this happened to others other than myself" knowledge gaining
quest.

As to what county this happened in irrelevant. I didn't and won't post that for it does not matter.

As far as the round into the dirt goes, it was JUST a thought, though maybe not a good one, not even a remote consideration towards doing so, just a flimsy thought.

I was more or less trying to find out if more people than myself had endured this act or was it just my day to have such happen to me.

I greatly appreciate your time and effort to point out my error of ways. I now feel more educated towards this matter and will be looking more into this area of my ignorance of this matter. I will also find out who this fellow is and introduce myself when I contact him and see just what he was after and show him where I was hunting that day he came looking. For if he was there that day, he is new to the area and we will be crossing paths later in one way or another.
Sorry to have offended anyone with this. Ignorance is ungained knowledge.

Last edited by SecondChance; 12-01-2011 at 08:04 AM.