HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Purposefully hunting fawns?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 11:35 AM
WV Hunter
Nontypical Buck

No issue here either. I've shot my share of fawns over the years. Hunting is 100% a personal thing, you did what you needed to do. Heck, I don't even know you...and I'm proud of your decision. I wish more hunters had the maturity you seem to show, even as a newer hunter. Great job!

You may want to get a trophy some day...in fact I bet you will as you progress. I wouldn't write that off just yet...you can always give someone the meat you don't use

My brother in law purposely shoots fawns about 90% of the time. He likes the small tender morsel, and easy drag. He shot one last week.

a 90 pound fawn will have 25-30 pounds of meat to me that is a waste of a tag and not even worth going to the woods for, it would most likely be cheaper on you to order your meat online if you are wanting such a small amount
LOL, this is BS. In lots of area's around the country, a full size doe weighs 90lbs. I guess all those folks shouldn't hunt.

Don't listen to this type of stuff....shoot what you want and are happy with, not what someone else thinks is right for you. Congrats again, great job!