HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Season is at an End
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 07:58 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Opening weekend of deer/elk my Nikon 250bdc Omega scope failed me. The seal broke and inside the scope was foggy.
Wow that is not something I like to hear. I have such confidence in the Nikon line of scopes. It goes to show you, even a quality scope can fail.

Took a week off for elk and got a cow elk! First time that has happened in 14 years. Got one when I was 12 and now at 26. It was a 50 yard timber shot. Got 115 lbs of meat from her.
Again I am kind of shocked.. I would have expected much more meat off an elk. The elk I shot 20+ years ago, was a young bull and I know I got more then that off him. Maybe I have been fooling myself all these years. But congratulation of the cow elk. I am sure she will be good eating.

After shooting my elk I noticed that my scope was fogged up inside. So I have had TWO Nikon Omega 250 BDC Scopes fail me in less than two months.
Now I am just stunned. I guess I better stop bragging up Nikon products. I really am shocked as to why you'd have two scopes fail. Be sure and post what Nikon claims was the problem. Also what model was this.. the Omega?

That is a great picture. Nice looking elk there. Congratulations. I hope you had a good holiday and ate way too much food.