HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rubs and Scrape Lines and Travel Routes
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 10:41 AM
petasux
Nontypical Buck

I can only speak for around here but right now rubs and scrapes dont mean much.The ruts still going here but startin to slow down.The food sources these bucks were using before they started breeding have changed.The foilage has dissapeared, and the weather is changing along with an increase in hunting pressure over the last month.The does and smaller bucks are bunching up and staying closer to food sources and the bigger bucks are soon gonna be holed up recovering from the rut if they havent given up already.

Places I wasnt seeing anything 2 weeks ago are suddenly full of deer and my best stands are producing fewer sightings all the time.Add in the fact that a lotta the deer I was seeing have been killed, run out of the area, or are miles away chasing does, plus gun season starts again a couple weeks and I wont have any deer with what you would call a predictable travel route till the end of next month after the snow flies and the fair weather hunters have tagged out or given it up for the year.

That also should be about the time all the unbred does that are bunched up around food sources are coming back into heat and the bigger bucks will be rested up and feeling less pressured and will start cruising these areas at the begining and end of daylight shooting hours again.Bad part is it will be about 20 or 30 below zero and there will be 4 ft of snow to deal with making it much less comfortable for sitting long periods of time without moving.