HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Semi?
Thread: Semi?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 05:31 AM
Muley Hunter
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by HEAD0001
What makes the rifle so special?? I am only asking??

What mfr. of lock does it have?? Mfr. of trigger and barrel??

The stock is as plain as can be. So no real extra value there.

So what makes it better than a new Lyman Trade rifle?? I would think the Lyman rifle would be of more value, and resale value than a TOW rifle?? Am I wrong??

This is just a discussion so please don't flame. I don't know the real answers to the above questions. However I do know you can buy very nice custom made MZ's with top brand locks and nice wood for the $500-$800 range. That I know for sure. I see them all the time. So the parts on the TOW would have to be top brand stuff before I would pay that price.

I just sold a fully custom 36 caliber for $550. So I am sure of my prices.

Below is a link to a Leman kit you can buy from TVM that has the better high end parts for $650. Parts such as a Siler lock, better barrel, and Davis double set triggers. Be careful. Tom.

http://www.avsia.com/tvm/leman.htm
GM barrel, Ron long lock and trigger. Maple stock with more figure than the original Leman ever had.

Plus it built. Not a kit.

It's Leman trade gun. No fancy wood. No double set triggers. The gun is an exact copy of a real gun.

No matter. I'm not buying it. I've found out the design of the stock really slaps your cheek. Not a fault of this gun, but of the original Leman.