HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting snacks
Thread: Hunting snacks
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Breechplug
Nontypical Buck

I take Sandwiches, Coffee, Granola Bars and some time Jerky. Now SCENT does'nt bother Me as any Deer Up Wind of me Would'nt Smell Me if I was Cooking Venesion Chops on a Grill, and a Deer Down Wind of Me is going to Smell Me No matter how Scent Free I am. If you have to PEE, PEE......I've Pee'd in more Deer Scrapes than I could count and have had em Tear them up, our Pee wont spook a Deer. Do I worry about opening that Granola Bar from that Crunchy Packing, Nope, the Squirrels and other sounds in the Woods make as much Noise, but I do make sure I keep the sound of opening it to a minimum.
I often have a Smoke in the woods too, My Buddy always Razz Me and say the Deer are going to Smell it, I get More Deer than they do on any given year, people Use Woodstoves where We Hunt, , by the time a Down Wind Deer Smells the Smoke, it's usually too Late by then anyway for Him.
Now I was'nt gonna Mention this one as you did'nt Mention it but You could also Be Dressed in anything You want in your Treestand, Jeans, a Business Suit and still take a Deer, they dont see You Unless You MOVE. Also you could Bow Hunt in a Blaze Orange Suit and still take a Deer, Camo only makes Us Look Good, it's Over Priced and Way Over Rated. Do I wear it, Yep, but it has Never Helped Me tale a Deer that I had My sights on.
I've also had Thousands of Turkeys walk By Me while I was on the Ground Deer Hunting that Never saw Me while I was Dressed in Full Blaze Orange Mossy Oak Camo.
The Wind Saves Deers Lives and so does Your Movement, that's it......Period.