HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - original disc conversion question
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 07:51 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by steviebiggun
Hey,

I have a knight original disc rifle, it use to use the orange primer jacket. and then I purchased the extreme conversion kit ( the red primer jacket), and converted my orignal disc to a disc extreme. but I am getting tired of having to order the red primer jacket. will the NON FPJ non-plasctic jacket conversion kit work on my rifle ? if so, how well do they work.
thanks again, Steve
Steve i would suggest that you get the new NFPJ kit from Knight or Gander Mnt. and give it a try in your Original DISC.

It will probably fit just fine. Because of tolerance differences in Knight rifles, and because of this some fit better than others. For the most part most have fit very well. It works best with a Win 209 primer and even if the it is not an exact fit - it will probably be cleaner than the FPJ has been.

If it is not a perfect fit it is fairly easy to fix it with stainless shims in the primer pocket. I would stay away from the 'o' ring thing as much as possible... that is just a tempory fix at best.

The kit consists of two parts since you already have the Extreme conversion bolt. A primer adapter to go in the nose of your bolt and new breech plug with a vent liner installed in the nose of the brrech plug.

You can see the primer adapter in the is picture as it hold the nose of this problematic Knight bolt...

This is a pictorial of Kit installed in an Original DISC

If you go for this project and it does or might need shimmed let me know and we can get it done fairly easily...