HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone else Hunt with there Wife or Girlfriend on Opening Day?
Old 11-18-2011, 09:32 AM
gregrn43
Nontypical Buck

17 years ago my wife asked me how come you dont take me hunting with you. I told her didnt know you wanted to go. I borrowed a 243 from my brother in law and she shot a doe with it, from that day on she was hooked. Now she has her own mathews bow, cva mz, ruger 30-06 and I think she has more hunting clothes than I do. She has become my hunting partner. I cant even imagine hunting a season with out her being there. With our work schedules we dont get to hunt every single time together(she is a nurse to), but if I'm working she will go by herself. She can gut her own deer and skin one to. She has tallied over 30 deer in the last 17 years and has two of them mounted. She to has a problem getting out of bed in the morning, but she manages to get up. I have learned if i need to leave the house at 4am I just tell her were leaving at 3am, so that way I'm out the door at 4 hehe. Its really been a joy to have her hunting with me all these years, nothing that I would change.