HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How little is not enough?
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Breechplug
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Lets not compare a PRB to a 223gr Powerbelt. A world of difference in terminal performance. Also, a world of difference between the OP's wife and an experiences rifle hunter.

No disrespect, but the question was asked. I consider more than the load. The hunter is important when a minimal load is being used.

Use a better bullet, or more powder, and I wouldn't have said a thing.
I have to Agree with you on this one MH, My Wife had to give up Hunting for a Year because of Surjery on Her Wrist, no matter what load I tried that I thought could get the Job done was small enough for Her to handle, and do the Job it should on a Deer, She did'nt Hunt that year because She Worried more about the Deer than Herself.
Again Im No Expert on what's the Lowest Possible Load that you can Hunt with, but this is No Game and a Wounded Deer is one thing that makes Me Not Sleep at night. So the next time you pull the trigger on a Animal make sure your 100% sure that it will do the job it's intended to do, I know SHI$ happens but at least in your mind you knew you did your best to bring home that animal that was in your sights.