HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team - BUCK U - Thread (team 3)
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 12:24 PM
BetterBirddogs
Fork Horn

Well guys I had the biggun coming this morning at 915. He was headed for the does that were 15 yards to my right. I had my bow hung up on a branch and when I went to pull it off the branch broke. He stopped cold at 20 yards looking right at me. He hopped out to about 50 yards which is still within my comfortable range. I drew on him and he turned broadside perfect to get another look. I let it fly and he ducked a foot at least and my arrow flew perfectly through where his body had been just a half second earlier. He trotted off into the trees and out of view. I sat for about 30 more minutes and got my arrow and snuck out. I will probably never see him again. The rut hasn't started yet so that might be my only saving grace. I'm in a stand as I type this in a great spot. Hopefully I'll get a shot at redemption. I'm sure bummed out. Hes 160+. I passed on a good deer yesterday morning waiting for this guy. Oh well. Hopefully I'll have better news later. Out steps a doe as I type this!