HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - fall fishing
Thread: fall fishing
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Gangly
Nontypical Buck

MT, the fishing is still good around here. I did purchase a boat but cylinder #2 was knocking pretty bad. I took it to the local shop to get fixed and it was $3,700 for a rebuilt upper which was fine, but they wouldnt be able to get to it for 2 months minimum so I brought it back home. The motor runs and I can still load and unload it, but its gotten a progressively louder knock so I use the trolling motor to get around which really limits my range but I can still fish from it. I'll put it back in the shop after christmas and hopefully have it back by spawn. Conroe is so low right now that only 2 ramps are open and those are terribly hard to use. Others are being drudged but it will be 2-3 weeks for each to be functional. I would like to try other locations, but with a shot motor, I won't be travelling any far distances until the boat is ready to cover large expanses of water and make it worthwhile.

Side note: Vaseline works good on quide rods as well, but gets really thick quick so use sparingly.