HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Virginia Muzzle Loader Buck - my best yet.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:27 AM
hardwoodhank
Spike

Originally Posted by Krypt Keeper
I work in Rockville, and only seen little chase. I live in King and Queen. Saw a buck saturday morning nose to the ground, but when I bleated at him he didn't pay me any attention. Shot a 9pointer last saturday and he was hot and bothered for a doe. I was calling at a doe when he came charging in. I surprised him though. This has been a tough season with the hurricane damage and temp changes.
I actually live in Rockville not far from oilville but my 200 acre lease is in Montpelier off Taylor's Creek rd. I'm disappointed this year, to say the least! I've had a dozen sits with the muzzleloader and either bumped deer going in before dark, not scented though. I have seen some shooters but @ long distance. Usually this time of year I would have my freezer full and some nice headgear to add to the collection. Between the wind since Saturday, which I believe kept the big buck I had a snort/wheeze contest out of sight, and the fluctuating temps...I have an idea that the next 2 weeks will bring change, especially the gazillion hounds that will be running on Saturday! My lease borders 2 hunt club, but all they do is run the deer to my piece that gives them sanctuary (uncut high grass, saplings, and a few food plots). I'm hunting the solar calendar that rates next week from Wednesday - Friday as 5 star dates with the new moon. I will definitely be in stand all this week (morning till just after noon) due to work, but I'm interested to see how the second estrus cycle will be this winter.

Well, off to climb a tree! Good Luck guys/gals and keep the reports coming. Its always good to know what is happening around ya!