HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Opening Weekend Score - Deer 3, Semisane 0
Old 11-13-2011, 08:23 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

I am glad you got to see deer and had a good time, even though the bees were trying to mess you up.

Every time I think of bees, I think of the time I was out in the yard with my black labrador. He was kind of young and full of "snoopy everything." I saw him sniffing along the ground near the garage and never thought anything of it to be honest, until he stuffed his nose into a hole in the ground under an old spruce plank. That dog backed out about 100 miles an hour with bumble bees in hot pursuit. All I could see were little yellow spots all over that dog. And being the wonderful pet he was, he headed straight to me and went between my pants legs, brushing them bumble bees off.

After that I was jumping around like some monkey, and took off on a dead run towards the house with the dog hot on my heals. I never got stung somehow. Later that night I went out and shot that nest real hood with Raid Wasp and Hornet spray. That stuff kills all critters.