HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 5 P&Y Posse
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 02:58 PM
pjhunts
Typical Buck

slow week here. My daughter did score on her first deer. she shot a 6 pt saturday morning just after day break. she was using her pink razors edge. I put her on a ridge i found the day before then i boated around two coves over and set up. i was prob 200 yds away. i heard several deer running the ridges when i boated in. got set up and 15 min later she calls me and says she just shot a big buck. I told her to stay put and we look for it in a couple of hours. then i called her back and asked her how big and she says BIG so im thinking 140 -160, going stir crazy. So i sat for about an hour and half and headed her way. ran a nice 8 pt over he too. got there and she showed me how it went down and i quickly found good blood. we tracked 20 yds and she screams there it is , i couldn't believe it , it only wen 80 yds or so. perfect heart shot! i was a little worried how her broadhead would do, it is just cheap mecanicals from walmrt and she only shooting 40-42 lbs. but it worked great. she was very excited. she is 15. I shot a doe lastnite, ive only seen 2 shooters this week and just a few small ones. we did boat up on a 2 yr old 8 pt thatwas swimming across the lake(some 400-500yards) and did it in about 2 min. we kept our distance though