HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone trying the new PowerBelt AeroLights?
Old 11-12-2011, 10:35 AM
Muley Hunter
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by HEAD0001
Muley maybe cost is not an issue to you. But it is an issue to me. And I am sure it is an issue to alot of other fellows on this forum.

I think you need to learn a little more about cast bullets. It seems like you have had some bad experiences with them.

All I can guarantee you is this. A god quality cast bullet that is properly sized to your bore will shoot every bit as accurate, if not more accurately than your PB's. I would also go as far as saying that longer rang the cast bullets have a definite advantage over the PB's in accuracy. Especially the heavier cast bullets.

Jacketed bullets in CF rifles are not like jacketed bullets in MZ's. Mostly the difference is due to bullet deformation while shooting and loading. However the reason is not real important. The bottom line is cast bullets perform very well(especially in MZ's). It just takes a little extra work to make them do so. And when I cast them they are infinitely less expensive. So I can afford to put a few hundred down range. How much would a few hundred PB's cost?? Tom.
God makes cast bullets? I'd buy some of those.

Cost is a non issue for me. Is that better?

I have a few problems with the cast bullets I can buy. They fit too loose in the barrels i've tried them in. They start ok, and then almost fall through as they near the powder.

For a .50 cal. They start at 400gr and go up. Going to the 338 PB is a big jump for me. I like bullets in the 250gr range.