HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's your favorite yote caliber?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 06:47 AM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GTOHunter
I started out using my Browning bolt-action .243 Rifle,it works great in calm to windy conditions,my next choice for knock-down power and affordability in ammo would be a .223 Rifle.

My choice I went with was the CZ-USA "Varmint" in a .204 Ruger...talk about a long range Rifle that is very accurate and it has taken down every Coyote I have hit with it.I'm using Winchester 32 grain ballistic-tip bullets but plan on going with the Sierra Blitz Kings in 39 grain becasue of better accuracy.I'm completely thrilled with the .204 Bolt-action Rifle,can't say enough praise about it!The shells range from around $16.00 to $25.00 range per box of 20 shells depending on the brand and when they are on sale.
Great cartridge inside 400yds as long as its not too windy. We have shot them side by side with the .223's in various platforms and those little bullets really start to drift after 350 and really get goofy after that. We shoot a 1K range (family owned farm) all the time for our sniper rifles and get to play alot at long range. We shoot them side by side with same holds to see what the drift differences are. We shoot our 308's, 338 Lapua and now we have two Barrett M107 .50 BMG's to use.
Enjoy the new toy and post pics of results.