HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I am just sick
Thread: I am just sick
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 11:09 AM
slowr1der
Fork Horn

When I started reading this thread and I knew long before I got to the end you were shooting a Powerbelt.

A buddy hunting in the field next to me shot a nice 7 pointer deer with a 245 grain Powerbelt yesterday. He also hates the Powerbelts, but used a gun his father in law gave him that was sighted in for them and he didn't have time to sight it in for something else so he shot them. The first time he shot it, the deer took off un hit, it then stopped looking around and once he'd gotten reloaded he shot it again, and the deer took off again. Neither bullet passed through, and there was absolutely no blood from where he first shot it to the where he shot it the second time. The second place he shot it, there was a couple of drops a blood, and he did find the deer, but no thanks to the blood trail. The first shot was as perfect shot just behind the shoulder, and the second shot was a little far back, but still a good shot. Every single person, myself included, that I know that's tried PB's has had this exact same experience.

Why anyone would ever use this sorry excuse for a bullet is beyond me.

Last edited by slowr1der; 11-06-2011 at 11:12 AM.