HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I am just sick
Thread: I am just sick
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 10:00 AM
BigDaddy12t
Giant Nontypical

Default I am just sick

Well, this guy will be foreveer on my mind. Got in my blind about 6:00 this morning. It os overlooking an overgrown gravel pit. I have a trail cam on the trail behind my blind. If you look at the pic above, my blind is just inside that tree line on the other side of this buck. I heard a buck grunting around 6:30, just to the right of me. Then I heard him grunting behind me just as the trailcam took this pic. Just before 7:00, I saw a buck come back into the pit on my left. I am sure it was the same buck. He started to go away from me, so I turned my can call over twice, and did 2 small grunts, and he turned and came right to me. I had him at probably 50 yards broadside with nothing in between us. He was walking, so I stopped him with a mouth grunt. He stopped and looked right at me! I put the crosshairs right behind the shoulder, and pulled the trigger. He turned to start running, and ran right into a bunch of small trees and fell down. Got right back up and took off. He stopped after running about 50 yards, and dissapeered heading out of the pit. Gave him 45 minutes, and then found blood where he stopped at 50 yards. After that it was just drops every 50 yards. After looking for more blood for a half hour, I decided to go check the river. (the river is only about 25 yards on the other side of the camera. I am standing about 5 yards off the bank, and I look to my right, and there he is standing there looking at me at about 15 yards! He was just standing there looking like he was in a world of hurt. He gave me time to take the sling off my shoulder, and get ready for another shot. I either had a wide open gut shot, or a small opening where I could see his neck, so I took the neck. Have no idea if I hit him or not. He took off running along the river, and out of sight. I sat down on a log to get my bearings straight, and give him some time. I had been sitting there about 5 minutes, when I heard 1 shot across the river where he was heading. I decided to back out, and drive around, to the other side, and see if some one shot a buck with at least 1 hole in it. I wasnt going to demand thte deer, I just wanted to know if I should look more for him, or if I was wasting my time. The guy who owns the land sais no one was hunting over there this morning. Well, someone had to be over there hunting over thtere, I heard the shot. Anyways, I went back and looked some more. Never found another drop of blood....... So, we just searched for him, but never found him. So, drops of blood when he was moving, and 2 beds with a good amount of blood in them. Blood was bright red. No gut matter.Went at least 200 yards. Gun was a CVA Accurra V2. Load was 245 grain PB Hollow Point, 80 grains of loose 777