HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - No Sub For Wind
Thread: No Sub For Wind
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 05:10 AM
Scottdnramember
Fork Horn

Default I call BS

I have to call BS on most of the scrent stuff. You still breathe right? you are still going to carry some kind of weapon right? like a bow or gun that has oil on it? You using scent elimination gun oil?

Look you need to not stink or have donkey breath. You need to not be loaded up with perfumes like the church lady you never want to sit next to, and some scent control is valid imho. However I believe a mixture of cover scent and modest scent control is all you can really do. Get that deer's mind on something else and you have the best chance, be it a food scent or sex.

I am a big believer in buck bomb doe P sprayed around the stand area and being above that. Don't dump the whole damn can, just use it as a spray. If you have to , you can shave the button stop off the sprayer to make it not lock down. This way you can get 3 - 5 good hunts out of a can and believe me, you'll smell it and they will smell it.

A few days ago I had a spike walk past within 10' of me while I watched. (We don't shoot spikes here because we are trying to get bigger bucks) He whiffed around a bit when the buck bomb hit him, seemed happy enough about that and continues on his way. I watched walk in, past me and out over about 15 minutes. He was being very careful but never alarmed. Winds were shifting around and light.