HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - No Sub For Wind
Thread: No Sub For Wind
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 05:44 AM
7.62NATO
Nontypical Buck

I have decided to do away with all the scent control hoopla. Last year I was very particular about my gear and clothing, washing everything that could be washed in baking soda and Borax, hanging it outside, keeping it in Rubbermaid containers in my car, getting buck naked in the field and dressed into my hunting clothing, coming back from a long and exhausting hunt and getting everything packed away just right to keep it “scent free.” Every two outings or so, go thru the same wash and hang thing again, etc.

No more. Waaaaay too time consuming. Way too stressful. I want to enjoy my hunting experience, not get stressed out by all the things I “have to do” in order to become “scent free.” If you think about all the stuff you do on the way in and while hunting that will release your skin particles, dried saliva and mucous, etc, etc into the air, you know you really have to be OCD beyond comprehension if you want any real chance of being “scent free.”

The only thing I’m going to do this season is spray down a little bit with scent “eliminator.” Even then, I know it’s just for my sake as a confidence booster. Most of all, I'm just going old school and paying careful attention to the wind.