HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - No Sub For Wind
Thread: No Sub For Wind
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 06:19 PM
cal516
Fork Horn

Default No Sub For Wind

I showered with dead down wind scent elimination soap. Got dressed in the field with freshly charged scent-lok head to toe with scent free boots. Sprayed head to toe scent elimination field spray, including gear. I sprayed again at my stand. It was mid-day and up comes a spike moving from the bedding area. The wind is perpendicular from right to left slightly behind me. Not ideal but doing the trick. He gets about 20 yards but still facing me so I can't draw. He is oblivious to me and not on alert. I was giving him a chance to get a better shot. The wind picks up and I watch the leaves falling again right to left and then almost in slow motion I see them shift from behind me then left to right. Spikes nose goes directly to the air and he is on full alert. Stomps and then starts looking, hard! He turns and moves away looks directly at me and starts the head bob. Trots off and looks back from about 60 yards and heads back into the bedding area. Yep all the little products help and have done well in the past but there is no sub for wind.