HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - scents.
Thread: scents.
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 09:25 AM
Buckhunter46755
Nontypical Buck

I use the doe estrous as a cover scent and attractant, especially once the rut has started for the latter... It's hard to tell how well a scent works unless you have a deer actually approach your scent wick etc. But I believe it works well as a cover scent as well as a "drag rag" to cover your trail. I have been using the "code red estrous" which is made by Code Blue. You get 2oz instead of the usual 1oz containers and it's only like 5 bucks @ Rural King farm stores. For the most part, I believe the cheaper scents work just as well as the expensive. This is just my opinion however. I believe I used the Trails End in the past. I also spray down with scent eliminator spray before going into the field. Again, I go for the best deal. I bought a large bottle of the "EVOLVE" from wally world. I do believe it helps reduce odors. Alot of stuff sold may or may not work but I blieve most of the deer scents and scent eliminator sprays work to a certain degree. I tend to stay away from buck urine unless it is going in a mock scrape. I think buck urine may spook the deer if used before the rut starts. Again, only my opinion. People may or may not agree with this. Hope this helps.