HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rut Activity?
Thread: Rut Activity?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 07:54 AM
WackandStack
Spike

Chaz, have you had any luck in fulton this year? i hunt in Clarksville and over in Damascus and have seen a fair amount of doe movement but not many bucks chasing them. Most of the bucks have been flying solo. Used to be alot of good places to hunt in fulton, maple lawn ate alot of it up.

Originally Posted by chazspot
Here in central MD things have been slow. One of my friends who lives backed up to a park told me yesterday that the bucks and does have been grazing in his yard like usual. However, just yesterday one of the bucks left a massive rub in his yard. He has a nice eight pointer hanging out there this year.

Normally by now we would be in the middle of a nice seeking/chasing phase, but alas that is not the case this year.

I'm theorizing (and hoping) that Charles Alsheimer is accurate this year and things are going to take off big time later this week. I'm not planning vacation as I have done in the past. I intend to take my hunting stuff to work and if I get the call that things are going down then I am outta here and on my way to my hunting property!