HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Sighting in my Barnett scope
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 06:01 PM
DeadEye D
Spike

I have the barnett jackal which i really seem to enjoy exept for some trouble sighting when i began with my 3 dot scope. According to the directions on mine,simply because i have 3 dots instead of some scopes haveing 4 or 5, you should start at 10 to get it close, then sight from 20 yards for that top dot/crosshair and the rest should be on in ten yard incriments if conditions are right meaning are you using all barnett equipment :/. Mine seemed to work just like that exept my 30 and 40 yard dots seemed to be hitting all a bit low, But it does not worry me much because they were only off by half an inch and yet all in the "killzone".Plus my hunting tips will do whatever the hell they want regardless of my efforts sighting. Anyways if sighting at 10 does not work try sighting from farther back. Btw the
"c0cking" rope is great, although it may be slightly more time-consuming, thats only a problem if you need that second shot. Hopefully i would think that not the case seeing that these crossbows are high quality animal slayers.